Introducing new corals to the aquarium can be risky business-- many carry nearly invisible unwanted pests that can reproduce and wreak havoc on your system. For this reason, it is always recommended to perform a coral dip before adding a new frag to your reef. Unfortunately, commercially-available coral dips can be limited in their effectiveness, or even overly harsh and damaging to the corals themselves.
Red Sea has created DipX for quickly and safely removing any unwanted hitchhikers without causing unnecessary harm to your corals. This herbal formula uses a well-researched blend of essential oils that can be safely used on all types of corals, as well as live rock, to effectively remove pests in as little as 15 minutes.
- Effective removal of hitchhikers in just 15 minutes
- Safe for SPS, LPS, Soft corals, Zooanthides, mushroom anemones, and live rocks
- Effective against Acropora-eating Flatworm, Montipora-eating Nudibranch, Acropora Red Bug, and more
- Free from inorganic elements such as potassium iodide and bromide
- Shake well before use.
- To a separate container, mix 10mL of DipX for each 1L of aquarium water. Stir gently.
- Fully submerge coral/rock in DipX for 15 minutes, swirling gently every few minutes.
- Remove coral/rock from solution and wash with clean seawater before placing in aquarium.
- Prepared DipX bath may be reused for up to 4 batches of corals. Discard within 2 hours of preparation.
Do NOT add DipX directly to aquarium.