Iron FE is a chemical element with the element symbol Fe.
Iron is a vital trace element for almost all living organisms, especially for blood formation. Nevertheless, the iron content in the seawater aquarium should move within certain limits. If, for example, excessive algae growth occurs in spite of a low supply of nutrients, the cause can be too high an iron concentration.
In particular, iron-based phosphate adsorbers release iron to the water. Too high concentrations of iron can be reduced by activated charcoal. But also a strong defoaming water draws large quantities of iron.
The iron content in the seawater aquarium should ideally be 0.15 mg / l.
The GIESEMANN professional Fe test
- Very accurate colorimetric test
- High quality color card
- Accuracy 0.05 mg per liter
- Measuring range 0.05 - 0.75 mg / liter
- Very well recognizable color
- Specially developed for salt water
- Sufficient for 40 measurements
- Detailed instructions for use
- Reaction vessel with lid
- Dosing syringe 6 ml
- Fe1 indicator powder
- Fe2 Reaction solution
- measuring spoons