Kalkwasser - Translates from the German for limewater and is a solution made by dissolving Calcium Hydroxide in water. The resultant fresh solution is alkaline with a pH of 12.4 and contains a ready supply of both Calcium ions and Carbonate ions.
The solution reacts readily with CO2 in the atmosphere to form calcium carbonate and so it must be made in a relatively air tight environment which is where the kalkwasser stirrer comes in to play.
- Can be stood on the outside of the aquarium or sump.
- Must gravity feed back into the water supply.
- Feed with RO water from a reservoir or direct from the RO unit.
- Use in conjunction with a top up system.
- Supplied with 500ml tub of Kalkwasser Powder.